SDK for Linux and Android
Futronic Linux Fingerprint Recognition Software Development Kit(SDK) is an excellent tool for users to develop Linux based fingerprint recognition application software. It works seamlessly with the FS80, FS82, FS88, FS26 and FS10. With the SDK, you can make use of Futronic proprietary fingerprint recognition algorithm without knowing the details of a purely mathematical process. So fingerprint recognition can be integrated into any application program to REPLACE the users' Logon password by a touch of finger to make your system more secure and user administration easier.
Linux USB driver
The Linux SDK doesn't use a kernel mode driver, but works with a well-known multi-platform library libusb.so. "libusb" is a library to allow userspace application access to USB devices. Please check the "libusb" official site http://libusb.sourceforge.net.
Major SDK features
The Linux SDK has exactly the same function as the Futronic Windows SDK. It includes header file that define API, libraries, and sample code for GNU C/C++. For ARM based hardware platform, we can recompile the libraries if arm-linux cross compile toolchain is provided.
There are two libraries, libScanAPI.so and ftrapi.so.
1. libScanAPI.so is responsible for the fingerprint image capturing, it works with the libusb.so.
2. ftrapi.so is responsible for the fingerprint processing and recognition.
The Linux SDK has the following major features:
- ∎ Capturing fingerprint image from FS80, FS82, FS88, FS26 and FS10
- ∎ Extracting fingerprint characteristics(minutiae) from real time captured image and creating a template which can be used:
- > For registration, the template will be stored in the database
- > For authentication, the template will be matched to pre-registered template
- ∎ Matching fingerprint templates(one of the matching templates must be generated from real time captured image) can be done in 1-to-1 or 1-to-many manner
- ∎ Recognition accuracy, FAR & FRR, can be adjusted to suit security requirement of different application.
- ∎ Support Live Finger Detection(LFD) when using together with FS80, FS82, FS88, FS26 and FS10
Standard Linux SDK package includes sample program with source code to illustrate how to use the SDK. Please download the "gtk_demo" sample program from this page to try and contact Futronic for more details
Tested Linux platforms
Futronic Linux SDK should work on all Linux platforms with kernel 2.4 or higher. And it has been tested on the following platforms:
- > Redhat
- > OpenSuse
- > Debian
- > Fedora Core
- > Knoppix
- > Ubuntu
- > Raspberry Pi
Futronic Android SDK supports Android version 3.1 and higher which has USB Host Mode