FS83C PIV serial Fingerprint Authentication Module(sFAM)
Major features and benefit
Futronic FS83C PIV serial Fingerprint Authentication Module (sFAM) combines both high performance fingerprint scanner and recognition engine into one device. It has internal memory that can store up to 2500 fingerprint templates.
Any host system can control the FS83C via standard 4 wires serial interface to enroll finger and recognize finger. The recognition result will be sent from FS83C to the host. It can be used to add fingerprint recognition function to existing products such as access control device, point of sales machine, electronic safe, etc.
Fingerprint images and templates can be transferred between FS83C and host system for making flexible application. Futronic provides development tools to customer free of charge for integrating the FS83C with host system.
FS83C's fingerprint engine can also extract and match ANSI/ISO template. Please contact Futronic for details.
- Fingerprint scanner:
- Fingerprint scanning window size is 16x24mm
- Image resolution is 320x480 pixels, 500 DPI
- Image format is 8 bit 256 grayscale
- Raw fingerprint image file size is 150K byte
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Fingerprint Recognition engine:
- Processor: Analog Device ADSP-BF533
- 16MB SDRAM and 16MB Flash memory
- Can store up the 2500 fingerprint templates
- With Futronic proprietary software and fingerprint recognition algorithm
- Fingerprint recognition accuracy: FAR-10-6, FRR-10-2
- Fingerprint template format same as all other Futronic products
- 4 wires serial interface, VCC, GND, TX and RX. Speed up to 921600bps.
- Supply voltage: 5V. Max current consumption: 200mA
- ESD: contact 8KV and air discharge 16KV no permanent damage
- Weight: 200 grams
- Size: 80mm(L) x 80mm(W) x 40mm(H)
- Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
- Finger scanning Window is waterproof