FS50 FIPS201/PIV Compliant USB2.0 Two Finger Scanner
FS50 is a professional Fingerprint Scanner from Futronic with 1.6 x 1.5 inch (40.64 x 38.10 mm) scanning area. Its advanced optical system can capture a high quality image in 0.1 second. It can also handle bad fingers such as dry, wet, blurred and scarred without any problem. Its scanning window is crown glass prism with a thickness of 33mm. There is also special anti-scratching coating on the scanning surface of the prism. This makes FS50 even more robust and ensures long term heavy duty usage in any harsh environment.
FS50 can capture single finger, dual finger and roll finger image. It was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification (view PDF) for Single Finger Reader and Mobile ID FAP40. So FS50 meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201(FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors. It is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List (http://www.idmanagement.gov/approved-products-list).
A unique serial number is factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor of each FS50. So every FS50 is traceable and this is very important for government identity management projects.
Futronic provides Application Programming Interface (API) for FS50 to capture fingerprint image on the following platforms:
- > Windows XP/2003, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- > Windows Vista/2008, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- > Windows 7/8/10/11, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- > Linux with kernel 2.4 or higher (for x86, x64 and ARM9)
- > Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- > MAC OS(version 10.5 and higher)
- > Android 3.1 and higher with USB Host port
Futronic provides fingerprint segmentation software to customers. With this software, the two finger image captured from FS50 can be separated into two individual images/files which are ready for next stage image processing. Other important function like WSQ compression and NIFQ fingerprint image assessment are also ready. A demo program is available on request. Interested customers are welcome to contact us to get this demo.
FS50 works with Futronic Windows SDK for multi-finger template extraction and matching. For detail, please contact us.
- > Fingerprint scanning window size is 1.6 x 1.5 inch (40.64 x 38.10 mm)
- > Image resolution is 800 x 750 pixel, 500 DPI
- > Image format is 8 bit 256 grayscale
- > Light source: Infrared LED
- > Fingerprint image file size is 600K byte
- > USB 2.0 compatible interface, plug and play device
- > Unique serial number programmed to USB Device Descriptor
- > With 8K Byte memory for application-specific data storage
- > With a detachable 2M standard USB cable
- > ESD contact - 8KV and air discharge - 16KV, no permanent damage
- > Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
- > Size, 110 x 110 x 45 mm
- > Weight, 460g with USB cable, 380g without USB cable
- > Criminal identification
- > National ID card
- > E-passport
- > Voter registration and verification
- > Driving License
FS52 EBTS/F version of FS50
FS52 is EBTS/F version of FS50. It is the same as FS50 except the image quality is calibrated according to the EBTS/F Specification.
FS51 - OEM module
FS51 is OEM module of FS50. It is available for customers who want to integrate FS50 into their own products, such as handheld ID verification machine, portable voter registration station, etc.
FS51 is same as FS50 but without plastic shell and USB cable so that it can be embedded into any target system. It is even smaller and lighter:
- > Size, 91 (L) x 89(W) x 37(H)mm
- > Weight, 300 gram
FS53 - OEM module
FS53 is EBTS/F version of FS51. It is also a module for embedded application.
Please contact Futronic for detail mechanical drawing.
- USB Driver