FS28 FIPS201/PIV Bluetooth Fingerprint Scanner
Major features and benefit:
Futronic FS28 Bluetooth Fingerprint Scanner combines high performance optical fingerprint scanner and Bluetooth engine into one device. Under the control of any Bluetooth enable host device, it can capture fingerprint on-the-spot any time and transfer it to the host device via Bluetooth interface. This enables user to capture fingerprint easily with a mobile device such as smart phone or tablet PC in which Bluetooth is almost a standard interface, then transfer it to a remote Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) via mobile network. FS28 is a good tool for Mobile ID as it can be carried around by law enforcement officers.
FS28 was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for Single Finger Reader. So it meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201(FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors.
FS28 can also work independently as a portable fingerprint matcher. There is a 128x64 dot matrix LCD to show the matching result. FS28 can also store 1000 fingerprint templates as well as 100,000 matching records. It can be used as attendance checker for field workers in remote locations. The attendance record can be then uploaded to PC regularly via Bluetooth/USB for further processing. User's fingerprint templates can be enrolled directly on FS28. Futronic provides software tools to customers free of charge for integrating the FS28 with their attendance systems and payroll software.
Moreover, FS28 can work as a slave device which can be fully controlled by a host through Bluetooth interface. A host can send Bluetooth commands to control FS28 to capture image, get log, download / upload user template and even print a message on the LCD screen. In this way, FS28 can be easily integrated with your own application.
- > Mobile ID FAP 20 device.
- > Bluetooth 2.1, class 2, 10 meter communication range.
- > Display: 128 x 64 dot matrix LCD
- > Supply voltage: 3.7V from 1500mAH lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- > With built in charger
- > Output image format: Binary or WSQ
- > Output minutiae template format: Futronic Proprietary
- > Interface to host: Bluetooth and USB
- > Status indicator: buzzer and red/blue LED
- > Current consumption:
- Active: 250mA,
- Idle: 22mA,
- Power off: 2.5mA
- > Size: 130mm(L) x 82mm(W) x 30mm(H)
- > Weight: 400 grams
- > Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
Bluetooth Fingerprint Scanner:
- > 500 DPI, 8 bit grey level.
- > Raw fingerprint image file size is 150K byte
- > Illumination: Infrared LED
- > Operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Android and BlackBerry
- Fingerprint matching engine:
- > Processor: Analog Device ADSP-BF533
- > Can enroll and store 1000 fingerprint templates
- > Can store up and 100,000 matching records
- > With Futronic fingerprint recognition algorithm
- > Fingerprint recognition accuracy: FAR=10-6, FRR=10-2
- > It can be linked with other Futronic products to form a system because the fingerprint template format is compatible.